CAD Technician 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TYCO FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS (TFPP) IS CURRENTLY HIRING A CAD TECHNICIAN (CAD TECHNICIAN II) TO WORK IN OUR WASHINGTON, IN LOCATION. A CAD Technician will Convert engineers' and technicians' rough product design sketches into working documents by digitizing with computer aided design (CAD). Ensure that drawings incorporate all design features. Contributes design modifications to improve the quality and function of the product.
* Create Solidworks and AutoCAD drawings from sketches, verbal instructions and/or sample parts.
* Examine drawings and other engineering documentation to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
* Assist engineering department in the development, evaluation process and improvement of manufacturing methods within the plant facility.
* Demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with the Tyco Safety Program, OSHA and EPA.
* Prefer Vocational Related Degree but High School degree with applicable experience will be accepted
* Prefer 2- 5 years related experience
* Documentation skills
* Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with skids and piping systems is a plus
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Communication skilled
* Customer orientation
* Develops Relationships
* Ability to multi-task
* Wide vision (sales/product/manufacturing)
* Cost orientation
* Problem solving
* Proficient with typical Microsoft computer software
* Proficient with AutoCAD, Solidworks, and other drafting related software
* Related experience in the fire products business a real plus
TYCO IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER
Tyco offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
Tyco is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key drivers to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Tyco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.