This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA OR CALGARY, CANADA
As a Software Applications Engineer, you will be part of a recently formed team supporting the Synopsys application security and quality tools used by many major software development organizations around the world. Our growing product portfolio includes Coverity Static Analysis, the Codenomicon Defensics fuzzing tool, Protecode Software Composition Analysis, and Seeker IAST. You ll be the technical expert for a segment of our product line, and act as the liaison between our engineering organization and Software IntegritySales Engineers and key customers. Working closely with our field organization, you ll provide input on new feature requirements, and then train our Sales Engineers when features are released. You will coordinate with key customers to identify and document best practices, and make recommendations on improvements to our products to best support customer needs. In addition, you will share responsibility for defining and architecting future cloud-based offerings.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
* Providing product support to a global team of fast-moving Sales Engineers to achieve goals and resolve technical issues during tool evaluation, deployment, and usage.
* Generating collateral for sales enablement including application notes, training videos and presentations on new products and features, etc.
* Developing methodology for successful product deployment and integration in the customer s Software Development Lifecycle and a streamlined and efficient product upgrade process.
* Working closely with R&D and Marketing teams on product enhancements, features and bug fixes, development of test plans, management of alpha/beta programs, representation of customer issues and other core team activities.
* Assisting in design and deployment of new cloud-based services
* Occasional travel may be required
Desired Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in computer science or related fields.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Proficient in UNIX / Linux and Windows usage sys admin level of proficiency would be a benefit.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to lead and mediate small group discussions and present persuasively to larger audiences.
* DevOps experience for example build automation tools, SCM tools and branching strategies, bug tracking tools such as JIRA.
* Proficient in software engineering best practices: code coverage, unit testing, code reviews, etc.
* Previous experience with software quality and security testing tools, such as static and dynamic analysis, code coverage, IAST and open-source license management tools is highly desirable.
* Cloud deployment and operations experience would be beneficial, including use of technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Puppet, New Relic
Synopsys, Inc. is the Silicon to Software partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 16th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP, and is also a leader in software quality and security testing.
With its flagship acquisition of Coverity and more recently, the acquisition of Codenomicon, the Software Integrity group is changing the ways companies develop software. Coverity has become the leader in static analysis for quality and security. Codenomicon is the market leader in dynamic fuzz testing for finding security vulnerabilities in a wide variety of protocols. We ve contributed to some of the most complex software projects in history, including the Mars Rover and the large Hadron Collider project. We are looking for great and passionate people to join our team. www.synopsys.com/software