CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Call Center Representative
* Assists with operations of the call center for the University of Kansas Medical Center to establish and enhance market-driven relationships.
* With the aid of the call center software and scheduling software, provides rapid and professional response to all physician and consumer inquiries and appointment requests; ensures accurate appointment scheduling according to template guidelines; communicates with departments and primary care health centers for accurate and efficient scheduling
* Locates appropriate physicians/services for callers and facilitates the connection of the two; pages physicians as needed.
* Collects and inputs demographic information on all new callers and updates demographic information, as appropriate, on all repeat callers.
* Provides administrative assistance in the maintenance of the call center's software and hardware; performs routine back-up functions for the call center to ensure constant data integrity.
* Distributes messages and calls appropriately to departments and primary care health centers.
* Confirms next day appointments and updates computer to reflect confirmation.
* With the aid of the all software programs (Infinity, Communicator and ONCALL), provides rapid and professional response to all internal and external callers calling into to the medical centers main phone number, Cancer Center, BMT, Orthopedic Department, internal code line, external transfer center code line and priority paging lines.
* Manages triage of all incoming calls to determine caller needs and manage the callers' expectations with the highest level of customer service and efficiency by utilizing all electronic resources available.
* Provides answering service function for 100 clinical and administrative departments; verifies the clinical provider profile is correct and manages the answering service dispatch appropriately based on physician profile (call, page, email, etc.).
* Provides code and personal pager warehouse management and pager programming after hours, weekends and holidays.
* Locates appropriate physicians/services for callers and facilitates the connection of the two.
* Performs all medical related code tests on all software systems, ensuring paging hardware and software systems are functioning. Must be able to use all software systems, Infinity, Communicator and back- up paging systems.
* Operation of overhead paging system: Initiates code pages for emergencies including code blue, code red, rapid response, stroke, emergent ccl, emergent cvor, code pink, severe weather, threat assessment team, disaster, vascular CCL, stat echo, active shooter, lockdown; initiates non-disaster group pages (leadership, nursing, etc) through our various software systems; ensures pages went out correctly and completes follow up documentation in software system and emergency log.
* Ensures documentation is correct in system for all security and medical codes; ensures all code teams required to call back into the switchboard call in timely. If no call back is received, initiates no contact protocols and calls code team member at home and/or on cell in a timely manner; completes follow up documentation in software system and emergency log.
* Identifies and manages equipment (computer, software, telephone, paging) outages and reports to supervisor on duty and/or manager via phone call or page if no supervisor on duty.
* Maintains the on call schedules in the web on call system; makes changes to the schedules after hours as needed; documents changes and sends communication to hospital, UKP and university departments as needed.
* Attends all quarterly operational, computer and customer service training sessions.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in communication, business or health care administration preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service, call center, health care, medical office or dispatch required
* Exceptional communication and phone skills required
* Ability to handle multiple calls and/or tasks while providing excellent customer service required
* Exceptional computer based skills required
* Excellent typing, grammar and spelling skills required
* Testing required: Alpha Numeric Data Entry, Spelling customer service and Windows XP
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.