CAO Patient Intake Coordinator
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient s future as well as your own.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families, and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune s World s Most Admired Companies in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Patient Intake Coordinator
Take this opportunity to become part of a premier healthcare organization. Coordinating the admissions process from initial contact through final authorization, this professional communicates with agencies, patients, and patient representatives. The individual we select will ensure that all necessary intake data for admissions requests are properly completed, collected, and forwarded. Areas of responsibility include obtaining necessary signatures and maintaining confidentiality of data.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Receives and processes calls and emails for patient admission to BU clinics and home programs. Coordinates inbound referral calls and admissions for specified area obtaining and entering the pertinent patient data into the database in compliance with business unit and company standard operating procedures and all local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves as the primary contact for the initial administration of patient referral calls and communications regarding patient admission to the BU clinics (chronic and acute) and home programs.
- Coordinates this admissions process from the initial request for admission to the final authorization ensuring all aspects of patient confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Ensures all intake data for admissions requests are collected, completed and communicated according to the established standard operating procedures and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Obtains the necessary information - demographic, financial and clinical and other pertinent data - from the referral agency to initiate the process.
- Interviews patient, patient s representative, or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
- Obtains necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing of admissions data according to FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Utilizes the appropriate call tracking and admissions program systems applications to ensure accurate documentation of calls.
- Maintains and updates database with current data, pertinent information, and status of the admissions referral as appropriate, recording details of the enquiry/referral, complaints and issues.
- Completes the preliminary paperwork and standard admissions forms to ensure efficient processing of admissions.
- Coordinates with the Patient Placement Coordinators to establish appropriate placement of patients according to vacancies rates and capacity of relevant clinics.
- Promotes the efficiency of admissions process by answering phones and assisting callers in a professional and timely manner escalating issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Works closely with applicable billing groups to request and obtain insurance verification in a timely manner.
- Communicates with individual clinics to ensure medical record approval and prompt scheduling of patients and forwards necessary documents and records to the appropriate receiving facilities.
- Collaborates with facility staff and region management to effectively resolve issues impacting a patient s admissions process.
- Immediately communicates to supervisor any admissions denials from clinics or billing groups for further action and communication with the RVP.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Customer Service experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into a database system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Completion of and compliance with the Marketing and Business Development Functional Compliance Program.