This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages pursuit strategy for capturing competitive new business and re-capturing existing business. Establishes and maintains relationships with prospective customers. Supports the Lead to Award process in accordance with established procedures to ensure complete, accurate, and effective Company response to Customer requirements and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Responsible for overseeing business capture, from pursuit decision through contract award
* Coordinates with Business Development Leads to ensure a smooth transition from the Business Development phase to the Capture phase in the Lead to Award Process
* Assists Business Development Leads when required after a lead is qualified as an opportunity and prior to a pursuit decision
* Manages a capture team that develops solution, bid/win, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies
* Develops and maintains a capture budget
* Identifies and manages resources required to pursue a capture; establishes any infrastructures, processes, and plans necessary; and manages their execution
* Evaluates industry competitors for strengths and weaknesses in order to maximize Probability of Win
* Works with the Proposal Development team to ensure compliance with solicitation requirements
* Supports and participates in the Proposal Development process
* Works with Estimators to ensure proposal price is competitive
* Collaborates with a wide variety of functional groups such as sales, engineering, business development, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide program definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
* Identifies partnering opportunities
* Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, English, Communication, related field
* Minimum 10 years of capture management experience with US Government pursuits
* Ability to successfully lead teams in a volatile and dynamic environment
* Ability to quickly learn, understand and breakdown complex, high-tech systems
* Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision and under pressure
* Result-oriented, innovative and creative
* Good organizational skills and business acumen
* Ability to deal with ambiguity while remaining customer focused
* Excellent decision making and negotiation skills
* Must have excellent communication (including technical writing) and presentation skills
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs
* Ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
* Detail oriented, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
* Strong writing skills
* Minimum of five years of experience working with or on Training and Simulation related capture activities
* Extensive knowledge of US DoD procurement practices/regulations is preferred
* The ability to successfully lead cross-department teams without having functional authority
* Understanding of military protocols and customs is essential
* Experience in the development of technical proposals in response to US DoD Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
* The ability to read, analyze, and interpret common US DoD contractual documents
* The ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
* The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors
* Ability to assist in development of and adherence to complex budgetary processes
* Must be able to produce cost benefit analysis
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to deal with a variety of abstract ideas
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Must display tact and self-discipline necessary to interface effectively with multi-cultural internal customers and management, external customers, and government agencies
* Familiarity with sole-source government proposal process and FAR Subpart 15.403 Table 15-2 requirements
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO COMPENSATION INFORMATION, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE IS (A) IN RESPONSE TO A FORMAL COMPLAINT OR CHARGE, (B) IN FURTHERANCE OF AN INVESTIGATION, PROCEEDING, HEARING, OR ACTION, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER, OR (C) CONSISTENT WITH THE CONTRACTOR S LEGAL DUTY TO FURNISH INFORMATION.
CAE thanks all