CARDIAC TECHNICIAN 1- Cardiac Diagnostics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cardiac Technician performs cardiology diagnostic testing procedures to all areas of the hospital. All methods of practice shall conform to written established hospital policies and procedures, and be carried out to the highest achievable level of competence in a manner demonstrating concern and consideration.
* Performs EKG's.
* Performs office paperwork associated with EKG tracings.
* Performs disinfecting procedures.
* Performs hospital and department isolation and infection control procedures.
* Performs holter monitor recorder box patient setups and discontinues.
* Performs all associated testing, paperwork and patient instruction for holter monitor patients.
* Assists in stress test patient preparations; paperwork, electrode placement, computer information and blood pressures.
* Performs EKG post cardio-version procedures.
* Performs EKG measurements.
* Responsible for recognition of recording artifact.
* Responsible for patient and electrical safety during all procedures.
* Responsible for recognition of basic cardiac arrhythmias.
* Possesses an awareness of the patient population taking into account the special needs and behaviors of all age groups to include: geriatric, adult, adolescent, and pediatric.
* Demonstrates concern and a desire to be helpful and supportive to patients, families, physicians and all members of our health care team.
* Makes sure all machines in all areas are cleaned and re-stocked.
* Participates in student education and orientation for new employees.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Cardiovascular certification required
* BLS strongly preferred
* Experience performing EKG s required
* Experience with MUSE EKG management system preferred
* Experience with Stress Testing required
* Experience with Holters, placement, scanning and processing required
* Experience with recognition of basic cardiac arrhythmias required
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.