CARE COORDINATOR SOCIAL WORKER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of a Care Coordinator at Meridian includes:
* Assessing/considering the patient's cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and cognitive limitations and language barriers
* Documenting findings on the Social Worker assessment form
* Developing and reinforcing a discharge plan, in collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient
* Consulting/conferring with physicians and medical center staff regarding the patient s medical situation, his/her psychological adjustment to illness/disability and/or continuing care needs
* Making appropriate referrals to Protective Services and other agencies as necessary
* Assisting with transfer or discharge of patient to another level of care or setting based on patient s assessed needs and hospital s capacity to provide care
* Notifying supervisor/manager, in a timely manner, of difficult discharge placement concerns
* Collaborating with Risk Management and legal staff on guardianship/other legal issues to prevent discharge delays
* Documenting and communicating information to Multidisciplinary Team in order to coordinate and maximize care
* Documenting medical records according to Department and Hospital Standards
* Accurately completing all transfer and discharge summary forms
* Current and valid LSW or LCSW is required
* MSW from accredited school of social work is required
* BLS certification, current or eligible is required
* One (1) year of acute or subacute medical experience is preferred
* Case management and discharge planning experience is preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.