CATERING ASSOCIATE - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
North Shore Medical Center(NSMC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for patient meal service food on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs, in-between meal food delivery. Communicates and addresses patient food issues/concerns and needs to Food & Nutrition Services. Interacts with Nursing in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements as well as unit food service needs. Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or need to have intake recorded. Reacts accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services, accuracy of physicians ordered modified diets. Is familiar with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Responsible for quality service reflected in internal or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
* Strong verbal communication, reading and writing abilities required.
* Be able to interact with patients and staff congenially.
* Basic computer skills which may be obtained thru on the job training.
* Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
* Food Service experience in health care environment desirable.
* High School diploma/GED strongly preferred.