CAth / EP Lab Manager 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB (BRIEF SUMMARY)
This position will have full responsibility for ensuring exemplary clinical standards, high levels of efficiency in all areas, motivated local staff teams and highly satisfied patients for Medtronic and its customers. The Cath/EP Lab Manager will partner with strategic IHS Managed Services accounts to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient and therapy focused care pathways and optimize Cath and EP Lab operations. It will be essential that he/she provides professional leadership, motivation and supervision to ensure the highest standards of patient care are achieved and an optimal service is realized. The Cath Lab Manager will influence key stakeholders by developing well-articulated situation analyses and business cases for change, establish road-maps and develop actionable plans for immediate improvement and costs savings.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (PLEASE LIST MOST IMPORTANT DUTIES FIRST)
_Professional Standards and Leadership_
* Implement and maintain cath / EP lab best practices, ensuring exemplary clinical standards and excellent operational service delivery; develop and support business initiatives, policies and strategies that ensure the delivery of high quality treatment and care within all facilities.
* Promote best evidence-based practices within own scope of practice.
* Coach and develop local project and staff resources.
* Encourage and initiate participation in research, audit and service evaluation by staff members.
* Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the services and department.
* Overall responsibility for operational excellence and efficiency programs.
* Overall responsibility for the provision of the inventory management system and performance reporting, and for the provision and maintenance of capital and non-capital equipment contracts.
_Service Development Programs_
* Work with Project Consultants in coordinating the launch of operational excellence and continuous improvement programs and service development initiatives with the hospital staff.
* Work with Project Consultants to facilitate service growth within the cath / EP lab setting.
_Staff Management _
* Maintain and implement workforce plans including both team and individual goals and objectives.
* Ensure staff are fully trained in all relevant areas and standards are maintained and updated, including continued professional development.
_Budget and system management_
* Ensure systems are in place to monitor the application and utilization of resources of the facility.
* Ensure Corrective and Preventative Action planning is in place and forms part of the measurement and reporting process for Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
_Health, Safety and Risk_
* Ensure good health and safety practice applies throughout the facility and that systems are in place for staff and visitor training.
* Ensure radiation safety monitoring is in place.
* Responsible for monitoring, reporting and responding to adverse incidents, patient complaints and for following all relevant hospital protocols.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing or similar degree
* Registered Practitioner with appropriate state and national credentialing/registration, or ability to obtain within one year of hire
* 7+ years management experience required in a Cath/EP Lab environment
* Basic Life Support certification or ability to obtain prior to start date
* Excellent partnering and collaboration skills; ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization; ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
* Customer- and business-focus and understanding.
* Project management experience with evidence of ability to achieve results.
* A proven record of success in managing significant operational/strategic change while also developing and maintaining the provision of a high quality service.
* Experience with budget management, audit process and quality.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively at all levels.