CBRN Test and Evaluation Scientist*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3665
Title: CBRN Test and Evaluation Scientist*
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems provides assessment of chemical and biological threats and defense systems. Odyssey is in need of an experienced engineer/scientist who has worked with or for US Government test agencies responsible for measuring the performance of protection, detection and/or decontamination systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Candidate will assist with a study to develop a holistic test and evaluation architecture that defines a strategy for determining relevant measurement/data needs and the related test infrastructure for decontamination and detection systems. The components of this study will include:
* defining an approach to test and evaluation that considers, threat, mission, and scenario variations
* descriptions of the necessary evaluation measurements, consistent with the defined approach, for both component equipment and ensembles
* A comparison of these measurements to available data to highlight any current data gaps.
* The candidate must have an MS plus 3 years minimum experience or BS plus 5 years minimum experience in a physical science or engineering discipline.
* Experience in working with either the Services or broader government in the developmental and/or operational test and evaluation of at least one of the following commodities: protection, detection and decontamination systems
* Experience in CBRN defense systems
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
* 10+ years experience in CBRN defense
* Academic background in a science, engineering or related field
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability