CDL A Delivery Driver - Home Daily - Londonderry, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Everyone is important here at Gordon Food Service - especially our delivery driver teams! We depend upon our CDL A - Local Delivery Drivers to meet the needs of our customers (restaurants, hospitals & education centers) as valued representatives of the Gordon Food Service image by providing exceptional, accurate deliveries.
AMONG MANY RESPONSIBILITIES, THE LOCAL DELIVERY DRIVER (CDL A) IS INVOLVED IN THE FOLLOWING:
* Build and maintain quality customer relationships
* Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products to our customers
* Accurately collect customer account monies at the time of delivery
* Perform proper equipment maintenance as needed
* Collaborate with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns and resolutions
* Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles
* Complete daily paperwork and computer data entry
Key qualifications and requirements for this position include:
* Track record of success in cultivating and building successful customer relationships
* You must be 21years of age or older (required)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
* CDL Class A (Commercial Drivers License) required at hire or within 90 days of start date. A CDL temp permit minimum requirement at hiring
* One year of previous driving experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred
* Able to write, speak, and communicate in English (required)
* Demonstrate the ability to operate equipment in a professional & safe manner
* Strong attention to detail
* Working knowledge of the tractor/trailer
* Effective problem-solving, communication, and organization skills
* Ability to satisfy the DOT requirements
* Must pass a RIAH drug screen
* Demonstrate the ability to utilize a two-wheeler with a load weighing up to 350 pounds
* Some computer knowledge is preferred
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Becoming a Local Route Driver Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.