CDL Class A Truck Driver - Perryton
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Operates semi truck and trailer to transport feed to farm facility locations, or animals from facility to facility, or to the plant or market under the direction of the Dispatcher / Supervisor. Adheres to all company and DOT safety rules and regulations. Observes state and city speed and safety regulations and company customer service and safety policies.
GENERAL: Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs job assignments as determined by Supervisor (Dispatcher). Accurate paperwork is required.
* Must meet all DOT requirements and comply with DOT rules and regulations.
* Builds and maintains professional relationships with customers such as farm and plant employees. Performs job courteously and respectfully at public locations.
* Complies with all company policies, processes and procedures. Complies with Company Bio-Security Policy.
* Reports accidents immediately to dispatcher, requesting police or ambulance service as needed. Report maintenance issues with equipment immediately to Supervisor.
* Instructs and directs driver trainees as assigned.
FEEDHAUL: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Delivers feed from feed mill to production facilities.
* Responsible for unloading the feed to the correct feed bin, with no spillage.
* Completes required paperwork accurately and timely.
LIVEHAUL: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Loads and/or unloads animals from trailers with and without assistance.
* Specialized loading / unloading crew provided for market animal movement in most areas.
* Adhere to Humane Animal Handling Policies and Procedures.
* Live animal hauling to include: weaned pigs to Nursery locations, Nursery pig movements to Finisher locations, Market animal movements to Plant.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or technical school education preferred; or one to three-months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a current valid Class A CDL, and an acceptable MVR.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer