This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Fairbanks, AK
Reports to: Branch Manager
This position will primarily work on making samples pickup, receiving shipments of supplies and samples, maintain accurate receiving records, and simple shipping work.
* As a CDL driver, you must drive the flat bed truck to do the samples pickup (26K and 33K);
* Prepare packaging for outgoing shipments while ensuring proper protection of goods;
* Ensure receiving records are complete and accurate;
* Maintain receiving records for company supplies and ensure necessary paperwork is forwarded to the accounting department;
* Accurate data entry;
* Load and unload pallets of supplies with the forklift;
* Deliver incoming shipments to the proper Departments;
* Local delivery and pick up as needed;
* Assist with the monthly inventory supplies count;
* General shipping, receiving and supplies warehousing functions as needed;
* Backup to the Shipper/Receiver;
* Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
* Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately and thoroughly;
* Ability to work within a fast-paced, high volume environment;
* Good understanding of computer applications;
* Good English communication skills both written and verbal;
* Ability to work within a team environment;
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Certificate or diploma of logistics and transportation is preferred;
* Valid driver s license with clean driving history required;
* An acceptable driver s abstract is required;
* Fork lift license and experience operating a forklift an asset;
* Previous shipping/receiving experience preferred;
* Excellent safety record.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
* Extensive walking or movement, bending, kneeling, and working with machines;
* Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the shift;
* Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks throughout the shift.
Please note that ALS Group operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.