CDL-Experience Roll Off Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Waste Pro, USA
Pembroke Pines, FL
Roll-Off drivers are responsible for the delivery and emptying of large containers for Waste Pro's commercial customers.
Secure containers by attaching hook to container; uses control levers to pull container up on the bed of the truck, secures straps and hand tarp individual containers as necessary.
Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
Answers questions for customers and directs them to contact Customer Service or Sales Representative for additional information
Operates compaction and lift equipment on vehicle.
Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction; See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck repeatedly.
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Drives truck to identified customer, manual transmission, exposure to vibration, gets in and out of the truck multiple times per day. Empties garbage cans and containers. Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.