CDL - Front Load Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF POSITION
The Front Load Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage. Performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned. Work is performed under supervision and performance is reviewed while in progress and upon completion through direct observation of routes, and discussion of problems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* The Front Load Driver is responsible for servicing commercial business picking up Front Load Containers. Empties containers using levers inside truck cab to empty container into the truck using forks. May need to open corral doors to access containers and as needed, rolls 3-4 yard can on castors weighing up to 600 pounds into position for dumping. Picks up loose trash off truck and/or ground and cleans up spills that may occur. Transports waste to a designated local landfill/disposal area.
* Completes route / productivity sheets, records mileage, fuel consumption, log book (as required), Vehicle Condition Reports, and other forms.
* Communicates professionally with customers and reports any customer issues / complaints to appropriate internal contacts. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
* Responsible for the safe operation of the truck which includes: pre-trip and post-trip inspections, evaluation of materials left for collections, determination of whether those materials include any hazardous materials, decision making and judgment regarding what materials may be placed safely in the truck for transport, and ensures the safety of each employee encountered.
* Cleans waste from the packer blade and the truck body on each landfill run to ensure smooth and safe operations
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a safe driving record.
* Requires 2 years of waste industry driving experience within the past 7 (seven) years
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork. .
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 120-150 a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 120-150 a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 120-150 a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 120-150 a day
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions? (heat, cold, rain and snow)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.