CDL Front Load Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
Waste Pro, USA
Waste Pro of FL is seeking to hire an experienced Front Load Driver with knowledge of Citrus County and the surrounding area. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. We also offer a 401k, paid time off and other supplemental insurances.
The Front Load Driver is responsible for servicing commercial business picking up Front Load Containers. Empties containers using levers inside truck cab to empty container into the truck using forks. May need to open corral doors to access containers and as needed, rolls 3-4 yard can on castors weighing up to 600 pounds into position for dumping. Picks up loose trash off truck and/or ground and cleans up spills that may occur. Transports waste to a designated local landfill/disposal area.
Completes route / productivity sheets, records mileage, fuel consumption, log book (as required), Vehicle Condition Reports, and other forms.
Communicates professionally with customers and reports any customer issues / complaints to appropriate internal contacts. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
Responsible for the safe operation of the truck which includes: pre-trip and post-trip inspections, evaluation of materials left for collections, determination of whether those materials include any hazardous materials, decision making and judgment regarding what materials may be placed safely in the truck for transport, and ensures the safety of each employee encountered.
Cleans waste from the packer blade and the truck body on each landfill run to ensure smooth and safe operation.
Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a safe driving record.
* Requires 2 years of waste industry driving experience within the past 7 (seven) years
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Drive a front-end refuse vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck without repeatedly.
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.