CDL Residential Driver
Due to a continued increase in business, Waste Pro of Florida in Fort Myers is seeking to hire qualified, safe and productive CDL Drivers who have experience in operating Rear Load and/or Side Load. Side Load drivers should possess excellent fine motor dexterity for joy stick operation and should be comfortable with the latest in waste truck technology. Area knowledge and the ability to use a GPS are also important tools that will contribute to your success. A demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service is also essential to success in this position.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Drivers are eligible for year end bonuses and a $10,000 -- 3 year exceptional performance bonus. We provide uniforms, PPE, coolers and ice.
The Residential Driver is responsible for servicing residential solid waste or recycling customers according to a designated route, safely operating the truck, including the pre and post trip inspections and following all state and local traffic laws.
If you are a self starter that values customer relationships, takes pride in your vehicle and the quality of your work, and you have the appropriate level and type of experience, this job may be for you. We are an equal opportunity employer and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This is a full time local driving position. Waste Pro offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. Oversees work of helpers assisting on assigned route; performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned.
* Safely drives truck on pre-established route in accordance with Decision Driving principles within prescribed time. Collects and dumps garbage and refuse into refuse trucks while covering a designated route in a residential zone. Unloads refuse trucks at the landfill, transfer station, or similar facility.
* Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
* Ensures garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly; pick up may require using back door. Tags improper refuse containers and waste;
* Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
* Performs a variety of manual duties in the clean-up of scattered refuse; moves and empties large trash bins using truck hydraulics;
* Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents;
* Responsible for all persons working on vehicle during the designated route.
* Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* May be required to work during emergency situations.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck without repeatedly.
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Drives truck on pre-established route, manual transmission, exposure to vibration, gets in and out of the truck multiple times per day. Empties garbage cans and containers. Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.