CDL Switcher Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* This is a Relief Position, so you must be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd).
* Reports to: Shipping Supervisor and/or Shipping Foreman.
* Operate equipment in safe manner.
* Check fuel in truck, and refill if necessary, and report fueling to Shipping Office.
* Check oil, water, lights, tires, and radio for proper function before each shift. Note and report any damages/problems to Supervisor.
* Take trailer inventory at beginning of shift and file in Shipping Office.
* Take hourly temperature checks and record on Temperature Report Form.
* Ensure all trailers backed into docks, to be loaded or unloaded, are properly secured by trailer restraints, chock blocks, etc. (Not an option - Federal Regulation).
* Switch trailers out when finished loading.
* Ensure trailers are properly cleaned before loading; Must be dry before loading begins.
* Keep equipment clean and in good operating condition.
* Ensure trailers are pre-cooled before being loaded.
* Take each switch as it is called in to you via radio in a timely and efficient manner. Each area is treated with the same importance (none more or less).
* Check fuel on all storage trailers and refill if necessary, reporting this to Shipping Office.
* Fuel truck at end of shift and report fuel use to Shipping Office.
* Communicate with Shipping Department on any loads coming on property.
* Responsible for all trailers on the yard, moving and parking them in such a manner that they are not damaged.
* See that copy of bill of loading is attached (inside) to the back of each load of empty jugs or corrugated which are being held on yard (Usually yellow copy).
* Responsible for the yard itself - Keep orderly, clean, safe, equipment protected from damage, safe operation of trucks, and safe speed on all vehicles in the yard.
* Check trailers before pulling away from dock - Dock boards removed, dock door closed, no one on trailer, and temperature is less the 45 degrees F.
* Ensure that all in-bound loads and customer pick-ups are loaded or unloaded in timely manner. This includes checking with Shipping Office, Supervisor, and Loading Dock as many times as necessary.
* Operate the radio in a professional manner.
* Switcher Operators who have valid CDL Drivers License will be required to drive on the main roads while transferring trailers to and from other lots.
* Will report any product quality or product safety issues to management immediately.
* Will obey and follow all company policies regarding safety, GMP, and conduct.
* Responsible for any other duties assigned by management.