CEO / Executive Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Non-Profit Foundation Raising Money Through Private Events
Crystal Lake, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur Client is seeking a CEO/Executive Director who will be responsible for the planning, designing and implementing of the Foundation's mission and vision. The CEO/Executive Director is responsible for all activities, the overall operation and the implementation of the Foundation's strategic goals and objectives. S/he will provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Foundation's philosophy, mission and strategy through the hosting of events that benefit nonprofits.The CEO/Executive Director will report to the Founder.
Our Client is an Illinois Nonprofit Corporation founded in 2015 to affect societal change and improve the quality of living for Northwestern Illinois communities and neighboring areas. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. These needs are addressed through funding, volunteer coordination and building relationships between the various charitable organizations and resources serving the local community.
Our Client invests time, talent and funding that affect social change and supports the cultivation of healthier communities through providing assistance to educational and mentoring organizations, promoting independence and wellness for all ages, and serving the underprivileged. Fundraising is performed through concerts, golf experiences, and a private mud run.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Provide decisive leadership, direction and management
* Proven problem solving, analytical and strategic skills with the ability to anticipate and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
* Strong ability to cultivate relationships with key volunteers, prospects, corporate partners, major gift donor.
* Ability to oversee all aspects of Financial and Operational processes
* Develop and implement strategy for Foundation
* Recommend, develop and direct Foundation activities.
* Design and implement special events created for fundraising, cultivation and/or donor recognition purposes, including these annual events: "Private Mud Run" and the "Private Concert".
* Ability to assist in the strategic design of event program and on-site appeal concepts to maximize event income
* Foster relationships with individuals and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events.
* Oversee Foundation events designed to enhance and advance friend and fundraising efforts.
* Develop strategies and processes to identify and solicit gifts from potential donors.
* Maintain records related to Foundation activities and results.
* Implement and maintains a market-level volunteer recruitment program that will enhance, attract, retain, and orient community based volunteers to serve mission and fundraising roles
* Coordinate event logistics.
* Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
* Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization
* Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility
* Perform all other duties necessary to uphold the ethics and standards of the Foundation and to promote growth of the Foundation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are a representation of the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities required to succeed:
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with limited supervision
* Strong work ethics - committed to excellence with attention to details
* Outgoing, self-motivated, high-energy personality
* Community based volunteer management
* Minimum of 2 to 4years of experience in special events, marketing and hospitality management positions preferred
* Educationrequired: BA/BS preferred
* Confidence in own abilities and capable of acting decisively
* Exemplary emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills, and interpersonal abilities are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated donors, volunteers and staff
* Problem solving
* Collaborative skills
* Work effectively as a team member
* Ability to promote and maintain positive relationships
* Good work ethic - proactive
* Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations and maintain attention to detail.