CEQA NEPA Environmental Planner 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CEQA NEPA PROJECT MANAGER - TRANSPORTATION - 1111
The company is a leader in the environmental analysis field. They are looking for experienced, self-motivated, and highly resourceful Project Managers to help them with their growth and demand in the area of Transportation. They are passionate about what they do and want others who share that same passion to join them!
Our client is seeking an experienced CEQA/NEPA Transportation Project Manager to lead and manage high-profile California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) environmental documents throughout California. It a full-time position in their Oakland office.
THE JOB MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
* You are a client-focused leader who efficiently and effectively prepares and processes NEPA and CEQA transportation environmental review documents, specifically for Caltrans projects.
* You have a passion for assuming project management responsibilities including: project planning and delivery; strategy development; budget development and management; schedules; quality of products; client service; and staff mentorship and management. The Project Manager will also actively participate in marketing efforts and business development.
* 5+ years experience in preparing and managing NEPA and CEQA environmental documents for transportation projects (for a private consulting company is highly preferred). Candidates must be highly conversant in working with federal, state, and local agencies in environmental review and permitting.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in environmental studies, urban planning, technical writing, or an associated field. Master's degreepreferred.
* Exceptional budget and staff management experience
* Experience with EIS and EIR
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Project.
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task and work within allocated budgets and schedules
* Demonstrated quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) abilities
* Experience with budget management procedures and/or tracking software
* A focused, collaborative mindset with team members and management within the company as well as with clients.
MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AND HAVE A CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION