CERT. CENTRAL PROC. TECH. I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Competent and physically able to perform all the key functions of the position (Decontam, Assembly, Sterilization and Distribution). Perform all duties in CSS independently and fulfills all requirements for documentation to ensure the department is able to distribute high quality sterile products in an efficient manner to effectively meet the requirements of its customers.
\\"Come Grow With Us\\"
* 1. Assembly of Instrumentation.
* 1.1 Efficiently provides appropriate instrumentation for surgical procedures ensuring accuracy, proper functioning, processing, storage and usage according to scheduled and anticipated demand as measured by supervisor and end of shift inspections.
* 2. Case Cart Preparation.
* 2.1 Demonstrates ability to manage and execute the case cart picking function using proper pick sheets, adherence to standard setup, quality assurance and timely delivery of end product as measured by OR, QA and reported incidents.
* 3. Dispensing and Storage Functions.
* 3.1 Processes user requests with a high degree of accuracy in an efficient and courteous manner as measured by supervisor observation and OR staff follow up.
* 4. Communication/Information.
* 4.1 Manages information received or required during the daily course of activities as observed by the supervisor and Tech. II/III.
* 5. Sterilization Function.
* 5.1 Performs the sterilization procedure in a timely and accurate manner ensuring strict adherence to all documentation requirements as measured by daily supervisory QA of sterilization function at beginning and end of shift.
* 6. House Set Processing Function.
* 6.1 Efficiently and accurately assembles and packages instruments and supplies in preparation and packaging area of CSS according to priority needs and daily assignment as measured by Supervisor, daily worksheets and supervisor end of shift rounds.
* 7. Decontamination Function.
* 7.1 Demonstrates ability to manage and perform decontamination process to prevent transference of organisms to the sterile area of CSS as observed by the supervisor and Tech II staff and as measured by end of shift inspections.
* 8. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
* 8.1 Place IV solutions in appropriate storage area within Central Supply.
* 9. Clean OR rooms according to AORN stards, including in between cases, terminal cleaning and cycle cleaning
* 10. Transports patients/supplies as required for patient care following established hospital procedures as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
* 11. Transports instruments/specimens as directed as observed by supervisor.
* 12. Assists in transfering and positioning patients in Urology OR, including holding limbs for surgical skin prep and holding patient for spinal/epidural insertion.
* 13. Willingly assists other members of the health care team as directed as observed by supervisor
High school graduate or equivalent.
Competent and physically able to perform all duties in CSS independently (Decontam, Assembly, Sterilization and Distribution). No current written disciplinary actions. Meet or exceed production standards. Must Achieve national certification from CBSPD or IAHCSMM by the first anniversary date.
Have Certication in Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician.
Knowledge of Operating Room surgical instrumentation and Quality Assurance practices. Ability to assemble all CSS, Surgease, and Main Operating Room surgical instrumentation. Possess excellent knowledge of CSS operations. Must have excellent knowledge of sterilization equipment and sterility assurance practices. Must demonstrate proficiency in biological monitoring, testing of sterilization equipment and all required forms of documentation and record keeping. Must be able to solve problems utilizing excellent communication skills and medical terminology skills in potentially stressful situations.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds repetitively. Majority of tasks require ability to push, pull, bend and stand throughout 8 hour shifts and perform fine hand manipulations.