CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT-POPULATION HEALTH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
* Care Coordination & Referral:
* Works in collaboration with the care manager to support and coach patient through identifying or recommending in network, community based assistance, or support programs to help meet patient goals.
* Participates in making follow-up phone calls to target population as directed by care manager.
* Reviews target patient lists or disease registries to identify low- and emerging-risk patients.
* Conducts follow-up telephone calls to low and rising risk patients to eliminate identified care gaps (IE preventative call campaign)
* Assists with scheduling of care team visits to physician offices as needed.
* Identifies patient complaints or issues that must be reported to the appropriate person (IE clinician, social worker, care manager, or supervisor).
* Documentation & Data Entry:
* Performs technical, administrative, and clerical duties as directed by the licensed healthcare practitioner and within the scope of training and certification.
* Documents data and care in the population health care management system and maintains confidentiality.
* Proficient computer skills (IE Microsoft Office products, Data Entry Ability and clinical programs)
* Ability to maintain effectiveness in varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities, and people.
* Use of appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to clearly communicate with a diverse group of individuals
* Self-starter who is proactive and takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
* Planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
* Ability to work in a fast pace diverse team environment
* Ability to prioritize and multitask
* Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus
* Must have national CMA certification
* Over one year, and up to three years, of experience in a patient care setting
* Strong interest in working with patients
* Telephone etiquette and strong communication skills
* Organized and detail oriented, yet flexible to adapt to an ever changing industry and work environment
* Excellent team player as well as a team and relationship builder
* Ability to work cooperatively with peers and supervisors
* Willingness to travel locally in New Jersey
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.