CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT-SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Meridian includes:
* The primary role of the CMA is to provide clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice.
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service. To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone. The CMA monitors the flow in the waiting and exam areas to minimize delays.
* Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; provides patient instructions per physician s order; conducts authorized in-office tests
* Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
* Proactively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
* Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow up instructions. All information relayed to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the patient s chart, signed and dated. Responds to calls as per office protocol and HIPAA guidelines.
* Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice protocol, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
* Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements and agencies. Ensures that medical waste and syringes and needles are handled, and disposed of properly.
* Assists with general office duties, includes answers phones, makes appointments, assists with transcription.
* Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting
* National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
* 1 year CMA experience in a medical office preferred- experience with surgical procedures a plus
* Ability to travel between multiple offices
* CPR certification
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.