- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT-URGENT CARE
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant Include:
* Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; assists patients with sign in process; responds promptly to patients needs, including assisting them with form completion; monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
* Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner. Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and completes clinical assignments within office guidelines. Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physician s order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
* Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
* Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider. Rooms are cleaned and sanitized per protocol. Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
MUST be a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant- Minimum (1) year experience preferred
Maintains current CPR and/or BLS certification
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.