CFO - Construction Industry 8/17/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A leading privately held construction firm in Los Angeles is looking for a Chief Financial Officer on a full-time basis. The company has a distinguished history of building major commercial projects. The business is profitable and stable and has been operating continuously for more than 75years.
The CFO will report to the CEO and function as a key advisor to manage the business and develop a world-class organization. The company is seeking an innovative leader who can improve processes and drive efficiency throughout the business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution as the company looks to build upon its existing foundation and advance the organization further.
Primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
* Work with the executive management team to develop and execute the financial strategy of the company
* Oversee all matters related to accounting and finance
* Manage the annual planning process and long-term business planning
* Ensure internal controls and related processes
* Analyze the financial impact of business decisions
* Develop a cash flow projection process and reporting to ensure adequate capital for operating needs
* Manage cash flow and financialrisk
* Identify opportunities to improve processes and increase profitability
* Evaluate potential acquisition opportunities
* Develop financial models to assess new business initiatives and expansion opportunities
* Determine financing, investment, and asset management strategies to maximize return on capital.
* Recruit, train, and mentor staff
* Manage the annual audit
* Ensure compliance with regulatory and industry reporting
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and good business instincts. In order to be considered, this person must meet the following criteria:
* 10+ years of recent experience as a CFO with companies generating more than $100 million in revenue in one of the following types of businesses: construction general contractor, construction subcontractor, civil engineering firm, or facilities management firm
* Knowledge of construction specific business concepts such as bonding, lien releases, and job costing
* Experience with consolidated financialreporting of multiple entities
* Good demonstrated job stability
* Familiarity with Viewpoint or otherconstruction related software such as Timberline
* Exposure to best practices
* Collaborative and team player
* Good communication skills and leadership capabilities
* Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a fast paced environment
This position will pay a base salary of $225,000 plus discretionary bonus and potential for equity. In addition, there will be some other benefits including fully paid health and dental insurance, matching 401K, and company car. The company is open to relocating candidates who meet all of the requisite criteria.
ABOUT BUXBAUM HCS
Buxbaum HCS is the trusted resource for interim, project-based and permanent CFOs. The firm only employs CPAs and top MBAs with proven operational experience. Clients hire us because we provide upfront advisory services to assess the company's true needs, quickly deliver high-caliber professionals who fit in with the corporate culture, offer value and our leadership is involved in every engagement.