This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Chaplain Associate supports the ongoing efforts of Bryan's Chaplain personnel by assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families and employees as assigned. The Chaplain Associate's ministry reflects appropriate age-specific and cognitive understanding levels of the person, serving the patient and family by employing short-term counseling methods particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses, procedures or events.
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Effectively provides crisis and trauma intervention pastoral care services to patients and their families.
3. *Responds to Code Blues and Code Trauma calls per facility procedures when present.
4. *Facilitates communication and acts as a liaison between hospital staff and family or friends of patients during periods of crisis, such as death or critical illness.
5. *Participates in the Chaplain's on-call schedule as assigned.
6. Performs or makes arrangements for traditional pastoral care, such as prayer, sacramental ministry and other special services.
7. Provides counseling in matters associated with spirituality, i.e. meaning and purpose in life, healing, forgiveness and reconciliation.
8. *Maintains documentation of pastoral care functions in patient medical records.
Master's of Divinity or equivalent required. One quarter of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) under a supervisor approved by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or Canadian Association of Pastoral Education (CAPE) preferred. Minimum of two (2) years ministry experience required. Ordination, endorsement or licensure from a recognized faith group preferred.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.