CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
* Vision development and Strategic Planning: In collaboration with the senior leadership team, leverages use of current resources and prepares for new models of care that support population health and while responding to the dynamic needs of the community.
* Relationship Management: Establishes effective working relationships with key constituents, including community, employed and independent physicians, team members, and board members through open collaboration and consistent communication. Creates a greater sense of "systemness" throughout the Hospital.
* Process Improvement: Exhibits leadership and fosters commitment to continuous quality improvement whereby decision-making is driven by data and guest relationships. Works with hospital and organizational leadership and team members to foster high reliability thinking with sensitivity to operations, a preoccupation with failure, deference to expertise, resilience, and a reluctance to simplify the complexity of the system.
* Clinical Service Integration: Develops and fosters effective collaboration between clinical departments, matrixed service lines, employed and independent physicians, and other affiliated services both within and outside the hospital to ensure a wholly integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the hospital's strategic initiatives.
* Resource Planning: Oversees major workforce and resource decisions for the medical center. Collaborates with hospital leadership to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
* People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
* Financial Management: Involved in the development and management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
* Data Management and Analytics: Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
* Other Duties as Assigned: Complete all other assigned duties and projects in a timely fashion.
* A minimum of a Master s Degree is required. A Master's Degree in Business or Hospital Administration is strongly preferred.
* Proven and progressive experience leading operations within a complex hospital or health system is required.
* Demonstrated leadership, people management and business partnering skills are required.
* Displays understanding of importance of leading while serving and putting success of hospital and development of team first.
* Well-developed planning, marketing, organizational development, and business skills.
* The ability to work with physicians and team members to promote high levels of engagement in the workplace.
* An appreciation for the data which will be required to make meaningful management decisions.
* Negotiation and financial analysis skills.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.