CHSP Supervisor - Part Time - UPS Freight
The Part Time CHSP Supervisor is responsible for managing the Comprehensive Health and Safety Process (CHSP) within the division. He/She provides a framework for employees to be engaged, challenged, and motivated to improve and sustain a healthy, injury free and auto crash free workplace. The Part Time CHSP Supervisor is responsible for injury and auto crash prevention. He/She also serves as a liaison between the district and the division to ensure UPS Freight internal, federal, state and local safety compliance to regulatory standards.
Educates and Develops Operations Management on Safety Processes
* Trains and educates operations management to carry out their safety responsibilities.
* Coordinates with the Service Center Managers annual training schedules to ensure ongoing Health and Safety (H&S) training compliance through ongoing feedback and support.
* Holds Operations accountable to achieve individual and group safety goals.
* Ensures the Service Center Managers trains Supervisors and the Supervisors train the non-management employees on safety processes
Conducts CHSP Training with the CHSP Committees
* Conducts Co-chair, Wellness Champion and Committee Member training to ensure CHSP compliance.
* Proactively works with CHSP Committees to ensure the committees are effectively carrying out their roles and responsibilities.
Assists in Developing Safety Activities
* Works with Health and Safety Manager and CHSP Manager to analyze \\"most to gain\\" operations to identify needs and deficiencies.
* Reviews existing safety processes and activities; working with the Division Managers to determine gaps within the division.
* Ensures the Corporate, Region, and District Safety processes are implemented effectively within the Division.
* Tracks, measures and communicates results of safety activities to the CHSP Manager, and Division Manager.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity