CICS Systems Programmer (MD, Baltimore)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKoniag Technology Solutions (KTS) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced CICS Systems Programmer to join our team in Baltimore MD. This is a direct, full-time position with our company working at our customer's site. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8.5 hrs./day within core hours of 6am-6pm, to include a
--hr. non-billable meal break. Occasional Saturday and off-shift coverage will be required remotely.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and a PTO program.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a client-sponsored HSPD-12 Suitability
The CICS Systems Programmer provides systems programming support to administer, customize, and troubleshoot the CICS architecture by developing, modifying and installing CICS and third-party systems software. Additionally, this role provides support during disaster recovery exercises.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Administer a large CICS production environment running on a sysplex mainframe environment across multiple datacenters
* Administer third-party systems software including CICS system utilities, along with application software development libraries (COBOL, JCL, PROC's, PARM's, copybooks)
* Provide CICS software development and maintenance -- develop, design, maintain, test, document and deploy CICS systems-level and application software features and changes
* Create new or modify existing CICS architectures --- create/modify CICS regions in support of new applications or CICS architecture re-engineering initiatives
* Manage problems and support production -- problem resolution includes the diagnosis and root cause analysis of CICS application software issues, CICS configuration, or CICS software-related problems
* Install and maintain CICS and third-party software to preserve a reliable and stable infrastructure.