This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The CIP operator is responsible for ensuring optimum
quality products through completing proper cleanup and
sanitation tasks by following regulatory standards,
ensuring the product and process are both clean and
* Assemble and disassemble equipment for proper
cleaning/sanitizing per manufacturer instructions.
* Operate the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean and
sanitize equipment, tanks, and pipelines.
* Complete basic preventive maintenance of gaskets,
seals, O rings, plates, etc., on all product contact
surfaces as needed by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
* Complete record keeping items such as, but not limited
to, identifying cleaning cycle times on charts,
measuring cleaning concentration, examining flow rates,
assessing heat up temperature and sanitizing by chemical
* Perform the basic housekeeping to include clean
floors, walls, ceiling, air vents, lights, etc., of the
plant, equipment, and exterior of all equipment.
* Accomplish pre-operations check on all product contact
surfaces including pumps, valves, agitators, alcoves and
clamps before start up.
* Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating
* Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to
improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to able to stand, walk, bend, stoop,
climb and crouch a majority of the day.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with
exposure to dust, gas or fumes and cleaning chemicals.
* [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants:
Exposure to allergens.]
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.