CISCO VOIP Engineer (CCIE)
POSITION: CISCO VOIP ENGINEER (CCIE)
Location: Charlestown, MA with travel in and around the greater Boston area, as required.
This position will focus on engineering, designing, implementing, operationalize and providing Tier 3 level technical support for Cisco IP telephony applications and communications-based enterprise applications across Partners Healthcare System institutions. This individual will play a lead role on the Company's team in deploying core Cisco VoIP application infrastructure and in leading Tier 3 support as well as Tier 2 troubleshooting escalation as needed.
This position is technical in nature, requiring playing a lead technical role and a 'hands-on' approach to evaluating, configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Cisco VoIP applications. S/he works closely with business executives, IT executives, and cross-functional teams to identify and manage Enterprise Telecommunications initiatives within and across the organizations.
S/he supports VoIP infrastructure architecture, application roadmaps, and strategies for telecommunications enterprise applications. S/he is a senior team member assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of support systems, and will also assist in the piloting and testing of services. S/he should be knowledgeable with VOICE AND DATA NETWORKING environments such as, VoIP, LAN/WAN, SIP, wireless, and outside carrier services, such as SIP trunking, T-1, PRI, DS3, MPLS, 1MB.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Take a lead technical role to plan, evaluate, architect and configure complex VoIP implementations, as well as makes recommendations to design in order to ensure voice network stability and optimum performance. Multitasking capabilities is critical
* Provides expert Tier 3 level troubleshooting of a wide variety of voice network related problems
* Design, implement and configure Cisco voice and data technologies, including Cisco Unified Communications products such as communications manager (CUCM), Unity/Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center (UCCE and UCCX) and CER
* Perform process reviews and through the use of monitoring systems, designs and maintains a stable operations environment for these solutions. Monitors voice network traffic to ensure optimum uptime and performance in a proactive manner utilizing network management tools.
* Establishes and tracks operational service level expectations within and outside Partners and takes necessary steps to assure acceptable service levels
* Gains an understanding of the plans and activities of other groups in order to properly measure and influence the overall effectiveness of the Telecommunications group in meeting the institutional needs
* Provides technical and administrative direction to peers, and less experienced staff, by training on department policies and procedures to ensure proper installation of voice and network systems
* Performs technical evaluations of products, platforms or 3rd party integrations
* Has technical competence and comfort level to challenge and refute technical impediments and designs
* As required, works with business stakeholders and IS technical staff to develop business requirements to enhance platform, system or application roadmap direction
* Researches, identifies and evaluates major VoIP technology advancements to maintain Partners' awareness of and adherence to Industry standards, thus assuring cost-effective deployment of telecommunications systems
CCIE Voice or Collaboration is required, CCIE (R&S) with CCNP (Voice) and appropriate enterprise experience acceptable.
Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer technology or engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical field.
5+ YEARS RELATED EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
* Networking, VoIP or telecom industry experience required
* 5+ years of 'hands-on' experience with deploying and supporting Cisco VoIP infrastructure and applications required
* Must have a strong working technical knowledge with experience in configuring and implementing Cisco VoIP Applications, including Communications Manager, Unity, UCCE/UCCX required
* Experience with upgrading the various Cisco voice application components is required
* Background with call center technologies is desired
* Experience in technology research, evaluations, business case development, and RFI/RFP process
* Experience with DNS, DHCP, domains and TCP/IP based applications
* Experience with network, systems management and monitoring tools is desired
* Experience with LAN and WAN QoS design and configurations is required
* Experience with performing Tier 3 VoIP troubleshooting is required
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as effective writing and verbal skills
* Ability to manage multiple customer priorities at a given time
* Ability to prioritize and work with designated support groups as needed
* Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal direction with only general supervision
* Ability to articulate technology to non-technical peers, management, staff, clinicians, research or administrative staff
* Ability to work well with others, to listen, be able to interact collaboratively, express your thoughts, ideas and opinions without alienating others
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Knowledge of Windows OS, Linux, and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Visio