CIVIL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER 9/16/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Civil Construction Manager position functions as the Civil Engineer, providing OBO/Harare a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Harare NEC Project. This position is established to support and assist OBO/Harare in ensuring the completion of the project in accordance with contract requirements.
The Harare NEC project includes Design/Build construction of a New Office Building (NOB), Compound Access Pavilions, Warehouse/Service Building, MSGQ, Utility building, and Cabana; on a 16 acre site.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of projects
* Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project
* Reviews contractor submittals
* Prepares responses to Requests for Information (RFI) for questions related to engineering
* Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director
* Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders
* Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data from an engineering perspective
* Prepares Monthly Progress Report summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering
* Performing technical inspections of civil/structural work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance
* Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents
* Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters
* Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts
* Monitor the construction contractor's quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
* Monitor construction progress vis-a-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections
* Perform technical inspections of the mechanical elements of the project
* Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent's area of expertise
* After problems arc discovered, evaluate contractor's proposed remedy
* Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager. Work on the site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
* Review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise
* Undertakes other duties, similar to those described above, as may be assigned by the PD
* Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS: Four (4) year Civil Engineering degree (Bachelor's or higher) from an ABET accredited university and program + a minimum of 7 years' of on-site vertical construction phase experience (field activities on buildings)
Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience
A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree
Minimum of 7 years of experience required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the project supported by this Task Order
Must have Final Secret
Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
Must be able to obtain an Interim TS or Final TS security clearance with DS granted Acceptability Review (AR) before deployment
Knowledge of International Codes
Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations.
Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have an understanding of the principals of his/her discipline and how it fits in with other disciplines
Must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines is necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
Experience with developing Independent Government (Cost) Estimates is required (RS Means)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Overseas experience preferred
* Professional registration is preferred
WORK LOCATION: HARARE, ZIMBABWE (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 23 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE PROGRAM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled