CLE #16-860-21 Shift Manager Mechanical Maintenance - Railroad 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
#CLE16-860-21 Shift Manager Mechanical Maintenance - Railroad
ArcelorMittal Cleveland has an immediate opening for a Shift Manager Mechanical Maintenance in our Railroad Division in Cleveland, Ohio. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but are not all-inclusive.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, including but not limited to:
* Supervise hourly electrical, mechanical and contractor employees regarding prioritizing daily assignments / job completion / performance
* Order parts, materials and services using the PDM/Tabware Systems
* Identify/remedy safety issues
* Manage maintenance of infrastructures for the railroad to include bridges, buildings, track, scales, freight cars and locomotives
* Manage environmental issues in compliance with corporate policy
* Understand/manage railroad maintenance in accordance with all Federal Regulations contained in 49 CFR and laws in the Ohio Revised Code as they pertain to railroads
* Must adapt railroad maintenance to meet new Federal Regulations and Ohio Revised Codes
* Develop innovations to improve performance and reliability
Minimum/Basic Education Requirements:
Associates degree with Mechanical discipline or 4 years equivalent mechanical maintenance experience in a broad range of mechanical systems and a High School diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum/Basic Experience Requirements:
* Requires experience working in a union environment
* Requires 2 years experience in mechanical work with a focus on major engine repair and troubleshooting. Must have a basic understanding of how the electrical and mechanical systems work together
* Excellent team building skills, communication skills, computer skills and planning skills are necessary to succeed in this position
Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or 7 years mechanical maintenance experience
5 years direct experience in each or a combination of the following: locomotives, track structure and freight cars
If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call ArcelorMittal Cleveland, Human Resources at 216-429-6224, call 312-899-3097, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
ArcelorMittal is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.