CLINICAL ANALYST III 9/7/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Clinical Analyst III
* Demonstrates accountability in delivering assigned task. Reports project issues and accomplishments to project manager. Delivers a work product that meets project requirements as defined by the scope and stays within departmental guidelines for application configuration/development.
* Directs, coaches and participates with others in the analysis and documentation of current and future needs and workflows through interviews and gathering data regarding regulatory requirements, operational procedures and hospital/departmental policies
* Directs, coaches and participates with others in the planning, development, Implementation, maintenance, support and evaluation of clinical or business application systems as assigned. These activities may include system design, documentation of design decisions, workflow redesign and documentation, data collection, database building, testing and troubleshooting.
* Maintain relationships with the Nursing and Clinical communities,
* Participates/Contributes/Presents in team and project meetings. Works closely with team/department members. Can identify more integrated issues where collaboration is needed.
* Works effectively and efficiently alone or as a leader of a team. Directs and coaches others. Partners with stakeholders and is sensitive to their unique needs.
* Under general direction, designs, documents, builds and modifies the most complex critical applications in order to best meet the needs of the organization. Demonstrates knowledge of such tools as process flow documentation, project reporting, Gantt charting, and resource management,
* Takes initiative to research and develop optimizations that will Impact overall outcomes.
* Associate's Degrees in nursing or other clinical healthcare related field required
* Bachelor's Degree in nursing or other clinical healthcare related field
* 6 years of experience in Clinical position (nursing or ancillary) In a health care institution or clinic of similar size and complexity required
* 4 years of experience as clinical analyst working with information systems Implementation cycle required; 5 years preferred
* Current professional license or clinical certificate required in professional area required; National certifications like CPHIMS from HIMSS preferred
* Certified in one Epic application required
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.