CLINICAL ASSISTANT I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
The Clinical Assistant I is responsible for serving on the patient care team for an assigned area including direct patient care as an unlicensed professional and under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The Clinical Assistant I incorporates the primary job functions of the Nursing Technician I and Unit Secretary assumes work responsibilities dependent upon the work area and/or patient population needs. Reports to Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Administrative Manager or Staff RN.
The Nursing Technician component of the role includes: order and information processing; maintenance of the patient's medical record on the unit; providing organization to the work station environment; and communicating timely, pertinent information to other members of the health care team. Employees holding nursing licensure will be held accountable to Nebraska nursing licensure requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
*Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
*Recognizes and reacts to emergency procedures per role and policies/procedures.
*Refers all physician telephone orders to a licensed professional.
*Assists with patient care that is:
* Consistent with standards of care and/or clinical priorities determined by the RN;
* Consistent with patient care division policies and procedures, demonstrated competencies, and
* with consideration given to risk management and infection control practices;
* Consistent with the nature of the area/unit.
*Performs routine direct nursing care tasks according to identified age-specific patient needs which include, but are not limited to:
* Bathing and other activities of daily living (ADLs);
* Proper distribution of meals and feeding of patients;
* Obtaining and recording in the clinical record (flow sheets and/or computerized record), blood
* pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height and weight, bedside glucose results and reporting to appropriate personnel;
* Assisting with ambulation, lifting and positioning according to procedure, including the appropriate use of patient lift devices and use of good body mechanics;
* Assisting patient with elimination needs;
* Emptying bedpans and catheter bags and taking appropriate measurement;
* Giving back rubs and providing range of motion exercises;
* Labeling patient care belongings with patient's name;
* Assisting with transporting patients, including time of transfer and/or dismissal;
* Charting of diet, intake and output, and bath in patient's electronic medical record;
* Measuring of drainage including marking drainage bottles and recording drainage on
* appropriate forms.
*Answers patient's call lights.
*Attends to routine needs for the comfort of patients including straightening patient rooms and
refilling water pitchers.
*Cleans and cares for equipment and work area including
* Straightening kitchen and utility rooms;
* Emptying linen and trash receptacles;
* Performing Unit errands;
* Preparing beds/rooms for incoming patients;
* Stocking storage areas with supplies.
*Provides close observation or one-to-one care, as directed by the RN, to prevent patients from wandering or potential injury.
*Enters patient care orders into the computer accurately and consistently according to policy and procedure.
*Updates patient's plan of care when new orders are processed.
*Collaborates with other departments to coordinate exams and treatments, minimizing fragmentation and enhancing patient satisfaction.
High School diploma or equivalency required. Active Nebraska Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential required. Six (6) months CNA experience preferred. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.