CLINICAL PHARMACIST II - EMERGENCY MEDICINE 9/8/2016
Yale New Haven Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Ensures appropriate drug selection, rational drug therapy, and accurate drug distribution for hospital inpatients and outpatients. Serves as drug information resources for patients and health care professionals. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
\\"Come Grow With Us\\"
* 1. Processes and Reviews medication orders.
* 1.1 Enters medication orders into the computer according to established department procedures.
* 2. Evaluates medication orders.
* 2.1 Evaluates each medication order for correct drug, strength, dose, and dosing interval.
* 3. Ensures the correct medication is dispensed to the correct patient at the correct time.
* 3.1 Ensures the correct medication is dispensed according to established department procedures
* 4. Performs in process and final checks on tasks completed by the technicians.
* 4.1 Document unit dose prepackaging checks
* 5. Ensures all outpatient prescriptions are complete.
* 5.1 Dispenses all outpatient prescriptions in accordance with hospital policy and state and federal law.
* 6. Ensures all parentaral products are prepared properly.
* 6.1 Checks parenteral product preparation to ensure accuracy and that aseptic technique has been followed according to policy and procedures.
* 7. Provides drug information to hospital patients and health care professionals.
* 7.1 Supplies accurate and complete information concerning drug therapy when requested.
* 8. Conducts medication area-inspections as assigned.
* 9. Provides in-services education.
* 9.1 Provides in-services education to pharmacy staff, nurses, physicians and other departments as requested and/or assigned.
* 10. Maintains professional competency through continuing education.
* 10.1 Maintains approved continuing education credit as required by state law as evidence by copies of C.E. certificates.
* 11. Participates in Health System, Hospital and Departmental assurance activities.
* 11.1 Performs initial evaluation and follow-up on patients prescribed medications in current DUE audits, specific drug therapy as requested and identifies ADR's.
* 12. Incorporates good customer service into day to day activities.
* 12.1 Provides excellent customer service as outlined by the departmental customer service plan and is evidenced by feedback from fellow employees, nurses, physicians, and patients.
Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy. Eligible for licensure in Connecticut.
Eligible for licensure in Connecticut
Good written and verbal communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PGY 1-2, Emergency Medicine, and supervisory experience preferred