CLINICAL PHARMACIST: PERI-OPERATIVE SERVICES
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. This is an entry level clinical pharmacist position. The clinical pharmacist supports the vision, mission, and goals of YNHH and the Department of Pharmacy and demonstrates competency in all basic clinical pharmacist skills.
* 1. Drug Therapy Management
* 1.1 In a timely fashion, reviews and verifies all medication orders to ensure safe, accurate, cost effective drug use.
* 2. Interpretation of Clinical & Pharmacokinetic Lab Data
* 2.1 Demonstrates knowledge of basic pharmacokinetic principles.
* 3. Drug Information
* 3.1 Provides drug information to physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals.
* 4. Communication and Service Requirements
* 4.1 Understands role as integral member of the health care team.
* 5. Education/Scholarly Activities
* 5.1 Performs patient counseling as requested by healthcare team
* 6. Regulatory and Safety Quality Compliance
* 6.1 Completes nursing unit inspections, override audits, clean and safe rounds, Pyxis sweeps and other regulatory responsibilities as assigned by manager.
* 7. Drug Distribution Activities
* 7.1 Oversees the drug distribution process, assuring accurate and timely dispensing of drugs to patients via pharmacy systems (i.e. Pyxis dispensing machines, code carts, etc.).
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a B.S. or Pharm.D. degree.
Completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency is desirable but not required. Experience in an acute care hospital pharmacy is preferred for this position.
Connecticut Pharmacist License
This individual should demonstrate basic knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics, and understand pharmacy systems of drug distribution and formulary management. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others are required.