CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides educational information related to chemotherapy treatments, procedures,
* Medications and continuing care requirements.
* Provides ongoing feedback and constant education to the patient and care givers on the
* Expected next steps though out the disease process
* Facilitates timely scheduling of appointments, diagnostic testing, procedures, education,
* Insurance precertification and treatment schedules to expedite the plan of care for the patient
* Assesses patient needs upon initial encounter and throughout the patient experience working with the care providers to facilitate appropriate services to meet those needs
* Serves as a primary point of contact for chemotherapy patients and caregivers
* Collaborates with the care providers to identify next steps in the patient s plan of care,
* Identifying gaps or barrier to progress
* Encourages participation in decision making process of heath care options and facilitates
* Patient and care givers understanding of the patient s health status.
* Acts as patient liaison to enable seamless communication of expectations
* Acts as the patient care advocate by responding to patient needs and working to resolve patient and family concerns
* Communicates with all care providers as appropriate on patient and family care needs
* Evaluates outcomes of care by measuring intervention effectiveness, data gathering and
* continued evaluation for needed improvements
* Provides clinical support to Oncologist and PA during pre- chemotherapy encounters.
* Supports a smooth transition of patients through active treatment into survivorship or end-of-life care
* Demonstrates Knowledge of the practice s philosophy, policies and procedures with respect to patient care and research protocol.
* Oversee and maintains accurate and complete documentation for research studies. Source Documentation is accurate and study related communication is filed.
* Signs and dates all chart entries. Ensures studies specific deadlines are adhere to including submission of pathology reports and all other specialized reports
* Complies with MH Corporate Compliance and IRB regulations
* Monitors and Facilitates clinical care while they are patients in the practice and while participating in the research protocol. Performs clinical duties in safe and efficient manner and follows care plan as per practice and research protocols.
Education and experience: BSN;
minimum two years experience in a physicians office; chemotherapy experience preferred
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: RN
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.