CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER, LICSW - 20 hours/week!
North End Waterfront Health is a MGH-affiliated primary care clinic and a NCQA-certified Patient Centered Medical Home. Our Behavioral Health Department provides both short-term evaluation, referral and treatment services within the context of primary health care visits and ongoing clinical services for patients who need more sustained care. We are seeking an LICSW-credentialed social worker to fill a full-time (40 hour per week) position working with both adult and pediatric populations.
Provides clinical services with patients and families that address psychological, psychosocial, environmental, age specific and cultural issues to maximize emotional, social and physical well being. Facilitates effective/efficient use of health care and community resources.
Conducts psychosocial assessments, develops treatment plans and provides intervention and treatment as indicated. Works effectively as part of the Behavioral Health Department and interdisciplinary health care staff.
Provides social work consultation to other disciplines within the Health Center and community. Facilitates clinical education of social work interns/staff. Participates on departmental/Health Center wide task forces/committees.
Works collaboratively with key departments in managing behavioral health cases.CLINICAL PRACTICE:
* Screens patients who request behavioral health services, or are referred by internal and/or outside providers. Intake Assessment.
* Conducts diagnostic evaluations and assessments of patients and families with social, emotional, interpersonal, environmental and/or psychiatric issues. Formulates a diagnosis using the DSM V, disposition and treatment plans. Provides/mandates assessments when abuse is suspected (child, disabled adult, elder) and specialized safety assessment when violence is suspected.
* Employs a range of clinical interventions such as psychotherapy (individual, couples, families, group), psychosocial counseling, crisis intervention, short-term behavioral focus treatment, care coordination/case management, information and referral and safety planning.
* Works effectively as part of the Behavioral Health Team and provides clinical consultation on patient-care planning and patient/family management.
* Credentialed as mental health providers, social workers may be members of specialty referral networks and provide care within the parameters of managed care. Are familiar with Prior Authorizations and financial risks.
* Presents and/or discusses clinical work in formal and informal case reviews and seminars and inter- and intra-departmental peer review meetings.
* Participates in formal P.I. and Q.I. activities.
* Takes on-site duties, performs other duties as assigned.
TEACHING AND EDUCATION:
* Assess patients learning needs, styles and readiness. Educates patients regarding safety plans, and community resources.
* Educates other providers, NEWH staff and community agencies on behavioral health issues.
* May mentor or supervise graduate students or staff. May teach in departmental and health center workshops or talks.
Collaborates and consults with patient, families and providers within the health center and outside to develop and implement outpatient mental health services. Refers to and collaborates with interdisciplinary specialists and programs, outside agencies, facilities, payors, and other relevant community resources.
* Takes responsibility for own administrative duties, including timely and appropriate documentation in patient medical records, timely and accurate daily reporting of scheduling information and accurate reporting of time worked.
* Attends weekly Behavioral Health Team Meetings and Monthly staff meetings.
* Participates in departmental and health center committees.
* Adheres to the professions clinical standards and Code of Ethics.
* Promotes patient/family satisfaction.
* Promotes sensitivity to race, class, and cultural and sexual diversity.
* Adheres to the NEWHs standards, policies and procedures.
* Promotes Behavioral Health Services and Health Centers public relations.
* Is responsible for own professional development. Attends pertinent continuing education and professional activities related to job responsibilities and career goals..
* Maintains Massachusetts Licensure at highest level of eligibility (LICSW).
* Adults (18 )
* Massachusetts license at the highest level of eligibility (LICSW)
* Demonstrates personal qualities of leadership and knowledge of health care system.
* Massachusetts Licensure at highest level of eligibility (LICSW).
* Strong assessment and treatment skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
* Strong interpersonal skills enabling effective team collaboration.
* In depth knowledge of mental health diagnoses, procedures and treatments, related medications, acuity versus chronicity, effect on normal growth and development.
* Ability to provide mental health evaluations and assessments, develop treatment plans that are behaviorally specific, short-term and long- term treatment with individuals, families, couples and/or groups.
* Crisis intervention/treatment/management skills.
* Demonstrate competency in age specific behaviors, cultural issues, and developmental stages.
* Knowledge of community agencies, resources. Ability to advocate/negotiate systems for/with clients.
* Documents in medical record according to departmental policies and procedures.
* Maintains patient/family confidentiality.
This is a 20 hour/week position.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.