CLS QA Coordinator in Valencia, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a CLS QA Coordinator in Valencia, CA for the Pain Management department.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday [8:00am - 4:30pm]
Shift: Day (40 Hours) Full Time
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763520
Reports to Laboratory Manager. Quality oriented employee who ensures that laboratory maintains inspection readiness at all times. Manages required documentation and ensures regulatory processes are in place.
1. Demonstrates leadership through accountability and collaboration in daily activities.
2. Consistently demonstrates a high level of initiative and problem solving ability.
3. Projects a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
4. Coordinates efforts to effectively work with others in a way that is productive and promotes teamwork and change. Recognized as an organized participant or leader of meetings.
5. Demonstrates effective two-way communication to create an informed, positive environment.
6. Participates as an active member on the Quality Improvement Team.
7. Ensures continuous quality improvement by collaborating with management to implement standardization and process improvement within the department.
8. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies through documentation, audits and corrective action.
9. Supports, implements and ensures compliance of all department and company QA/QC related policies. Performs department QC related activities.
10. Facilitates internal and external audits.
11. In coordination with management, ensures that departmental standard operating procedures and database are regularly updated to accurately reflect current processes.
12. Regularly updates the Quality Binder and General Laboratory Procedure and Policy Manual to reflect current documents.
13. Coordinates internal and external proficiency testing activities.
14. In coordination with management, oversees department training and competency programs.
15. Performs special projects as assigned.
16. Serves as CLS II or Lab Associate II capacity as needed.
1. Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license or other required licensures for their specialty or at least 4 years experience in comparable quality assurance setting.
2. At least 4 years of progressive laboratory experience.
3. Bachelor s degree in medical technology or other life or physical sciences from an accredited college or university.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills such as spreadsheets, word processing using Windows based software (Word, Excel, etc.). Other computer skills such as statistical analysis and laboratory information system helpful. Typing skills desirable
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.