(CMS) School Operations Administrator 9/7/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(CMS) School Operations Administrator
School Operations Administrator INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The School Operations Administrator performs and/or oversees various daily operational aspects of the Insight California, IQ California and California Virtual Academies @ LAHS and SY schools so that they are able to run from a functional perspective. The position ensures that critical data flows accurately and efficiently between multiple computer systems, establishes virtual classrooms including making teacher and student assignments, and participates in disseminating and ensuring the implementation of operational requirements established for all K12 schools.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
AS AN OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR, YOU WILL...
* Update database, work with administrative team on updating/monitoring information and data; including but not limited to progress reports and report cards, ISMA, and troubleshooting as needed.
* Disseminate communication regarding systems issues to staff in a timely manner;
* Manage At-Task Submittals
* Assist with staff concerns related to systems and operational issues
* Identify staff systems training needs, provide training as it relates to new systems and system changes and upgrades;
* Manage activities associated with K12 year-end transition process and reclamation efforts;
* Process student transfers between K12 programs;
* Resolve student/parent/teacher escalations as it relates to the operations of the school, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting access issues with courses and programs, ensuring timely, quality systems support;
* Monitor data validity and provide weekly reporting for school management, including, but not limited to Scantron, Study Island, re-registration and others as needed;
* Attend weekly K12 Operations and School Pathways calls and share pertinent information with appropriate staff;
* Work with Head of School and Academic Administrator to identify all relevant school timelines/deadlines (enrollment, testing, etc.) and set these up in various school systems following thorough review to make sure they occur on schedule;
* Manage start of school efforts, including classroom set up,
* Work closely with Head of School and Principal on School planning, policy, finances, and performance; Advise on and manage the development of school policies and procedures, e.g. assist with the Company s efforts nationally to develop policies and procedures, training standards and enhancements.
* Support administrative staff to ensure the school is in compliance with and meets all audit requirements;
* Conduct quarterly internal audits to ensure compliancy in all areas
* Assist in student recruitment and the planning of school events;
* Develop and manage relationships with education vendors, the districts, state and other education stakeholders.
* Assist with proctoring of state tests as needed
Get to know CAVA!
* California Virtual Academies
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Bachelor s degree AND
* Three (3) years of relevant professional experience in education and school operations OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Great organizational and time management skills
* Proficient in MS Excel, MSWord, and Outlook
* Strong technology skills
* Detail oriented
* Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
* Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to pass required background check
* State administrative or teaching credential
* Formal project management experience in fast-paced or start-up environment
* Non-profit / education grants management experience
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend