CNA/PCA -Physical Med and Rehab Unit (7:00PM-7:15AM)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
Cross Country Healthcare, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Cross Country is looking for top talent to join our team
The Patient Care Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of Westchester Medical Center, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines. The basic function of the Patient Care Assistant is to provide care of patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse and the Clinical Coordinator. They are responsible for providing direct patient care to an assigned group of patients during a shift and for prioritizing the delivery of direct patient care using time and resources efficiently.
* Respond to emergency situations by securing assistance
* Identifies significant changes in patient s clinical status and communicates to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team. Notifies Registered Nurse of any changes, including but not limited to, more confused, more restless, more lethargic, and not responding. Observes, records, and reports general condition of patient
* Meets patient need for comfort and safety by providing orientation to surroundings, including but not limited to, time, place, and person; maintain time-appropriate lighting; provide orientating stimuli clock, watch, TV, newspaper; and correct sensory deficits - eyeglasses, hearing aids, as needed
* Carries out the assignment and care of a group of patients as instructed by the individualized care plans and supervised by the facility nurse. Reports to the supervising nurse when the assigned duties are not able to be completed on the shift so additional support can be arranged and the assignment completed prior to the next shift
* Assists in general and medical care of patient, including but not limited to, admission and discharge procedure, obtain vital signs, weights, collection of specimens, and eating, sleeping and hygiene needs such as bathing, shaving, shampooing and oral/denture care and activities of daily living which include dressing, ambulating, toileting and safe transfer techniques as directed by the nursing supervisor
* Complies with the policies and procedure of the facility to ensure that the patient s equipment, supplies and personal belongings are protected
* Participates in the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan, including but not limited to, preparation and care for patients receiving specialized treatments administered by physician or professional nurse
* Documents the care and observations in the appropriate client record during the shift
* Professional responsible for current patient care standards and supporting the MSN client facility philosophy and programs in order to maintain quality
* Willingly floats to other areas of the facility in which the healthcare professional can provide safe patient care at the facility manager s request
* Performs other functions as required and trained to perform
* High school diploma or GED Certificate
* One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant or
* Completion of Medical-Surgical Nursing I & II equivalent at an accredited Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse institution.
* Completion of Medical-Surgical Nursing I & II equivalent at an accredited Registered Nurse institution.
* Proof of completion of a Patient Care Assistant training program consistent with state requirements or completion of a state approved exam which includes clinical requirements
* Current BCLS/CPR card with the expiration date valid as required by facility
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Requires knowledge in caring and comforting the sick, disabled, injured, or others requiring mental health or personal assistance
* Performs duties and procedures which contribute to the treatment and rehabilitation of patients
* Maintains personal composure when unit priorities quickly change
* Successful completion of the Patient Care Technician orientation at Westchester Medical Center with a minimum passing score of 80% or greater.
* Orientation topics will include, but not be limited to Westchester Medical Center policy and procedure; safety and security; Joint Commission; and Patient Care Assistant role and responsibilities.
* Continuing Education In-Services and Training to be completed upon hire and annually thereafter, or as required
* In-services and Training topics will include, but not be limited to HIPAA, OSHA, Cultural Diversity, Age-Specific Care, Crisis Intervention and Customer Service.
* Proof of fulfillment of the health screening criteria indicating the Patient Care Assistant is in good health and able to work without physical limitations and is free from communicable disease
* Maintains good interpersonal relationships with patients, coworkers, and all members of the healthcare team
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and overall pleasant demeanor
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions as well as to communicate patient information verbally and in writing
* Ability to work independently
* Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
* Computer literate
* Understands customer service as it relate to positon and the delivery of care
Cross Country Healthcare offer a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical plan, Dental plan, Life insurance, 401(k) plan and Tuition Assistance
Cross Country HealthCare is an EEO employer - M/F/ Veteran/Disability
Valhalla, New York, United States