CNC Applications Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for a CNC APPLICATIONS ENGINEER that is interested in joining a progressive company with career growth opportunity.
Successful applicants will be self-motivated with exceptional project management skills.
The CNC APPLICATIONS ENGINEER will program and process parts while maintaining communication with sales representatives and support staff.
* Have strong communication and people skills
* Develop, write and modify CNC mill and lathe programs
* Use cycle time reduction to make programs efficient and reduce wasted timeProgram long hand to make modifications
* Draw with Auto Cad and Solid Works
* Set-up and complete a customer test cut quickly and efficiently
* Have tooling knowledge and tooling background in order to make recommendations for customers, and to be able to troubleshoot related problems
* Install, set-up and qualify tooling, lathes and mills
* Have a strong work holding background.
* Know when and where to use different products and vendors for different applications.
* Install, set-up and qualify fixtures & work holding for Lathes and Mills
* Project management. Have the ability to manage a turnkey project from start to finish for a customer
* Troubleshoot turnkey related problems and suggest solutions
* Perform pre-acceptance and final acceptance of turnkey machine projects
* Work with the sales staff to help give cycle time estimates, quotes, job costing and concepts to new and existing customers
* Interact with our Service Department to troubleshoot machine problems
* Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
* Any other duties as assigned by the management team
* Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering: 3 years
CNC Controls: 3 years
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge and troubleshooting of CNC controls especially Fanuc Controls
* Ability to work without supervision and provides routine reports to management
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
* Working with manufacturers, suppliers, subcontractors and multiple customers
* Strong technical aptitude, analytical and technology-based skills with Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering background is a plus as is understanding of customer support
* 5 years of background and experience in CNC programming
* Ability to be flexible with hours if necessary
* Ability to work independently and provide exceptional customer support
* Ability to utilize Mac OS and input information into documents created in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
* Great attitude and desire to learn new technology
* Valid or ability to obtain a U.S. Passport
* Valid Driver's License with good driving history
* Must be physically able to bend, climb, reach, lift 50 lbs., and stand/walk on concrete floors