CNC Lathe Machinist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Opportunity
ATI is Building The World's Best Specialty Materials Company . We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified high performance specialty materials producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of high performance specialty materials solutions.
ATI Flowform Products is a division of Allegheny Technologies Incorporated with 50+ employees. Located in Billerica, Massachusetts, ATI Flowform Products is approximately 17 miles northwest of Boston. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits, life and accident insurance, an annual bonus plan, matching 401(k), a tuition assistance program, and multiple paid holidays.
The CNC Lathe Machinist is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies in a fast paced machine shop environment.
* Work with CNC lathes on large diameter and/or long parts using steady rests and tail stocks
* Setup and operate multi-axis machines and run close-tolerance work with minimum supervision
* Use instrumentation and gauges, along with shop tools to verify set-ups, drawing requirements and part conformance
* Selection of cutting tools and calculation of speeds and feeds to achieve optimal performance or recommendations
* Comprehension of numbers, basic trigonometry & geometry (basic shop math) to be able to edit programs (G-code), verify setups, and part dimensions
* Read and understand drawings (GD&T) in order to produce parts that meet specifications
* Verify machine settings, first-run parts, small batch runs, close-out, and document operations
* Work closely with other departments within the business unit to ensure proper flow of production is met within area and to resolve machining or quality problems
* Willingness and commitment to teach and to help improve skill sets in others
* Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
* Follow company process and procedures to comply with ISO and AS9100 standards
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Skills)
* High-school diploma or equivalent required with 3-5 years CNC work experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job
* Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
* Must be able to make informed suggestions for improved processes and more efficient methods of producing parts
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are required
* Ability to communicate and work with all levels of staff in various departments
* Needs to be hardworking and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic
* Must have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to work independently
* Efficient at a production level machining of high quality parts
* Experience with proofing out high quality first piece acceptance parts
* Experience machining parts with close tolerances (.0005\\")
* Experience machining difficult materials (nickel alloys, titanium and stainless)
* Responsible for general shop standards and housekeeping items
* Must pass all pre-employment screenings
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply via www.atimetals.com/careers
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
ATI Strategic Principle Five
Attract, develop, challenge, and create opportunities for TALENTED AND DIVERSE PEOPLE who share a commitment to our values
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled