- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
CNC Lathe Operator - Swing Shift
ATI is Building The World's Best Specialty Materials Company . We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified high performance specialty materials producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of high performance specialty materials solutions.
ATI Flowform Products is a division of Allegheny Technologies Incorporated with 50+ employees. Located in Billerica, Massachusetts, ATI Flowform Products is approximately 17 miles northwest of Boston. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits, life and accident insurance, an annual bonus plan, matching 401(k), a tuition assistance program, and multiple paid holidays.
The CNC operator is responsible for producing machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies in a fast paced machine shop environment.
* Work with CNC lathes to produce metallic components, sizes range from 2 inch diameter/short length to 20 inch diameter/long length
* Use instrumentation and gauges, along with shop tools to verify operational drawing requirements and part conformance
* Read and understand basic technical drawings to produce parts that meet specifications
* Adjust machine offsets to ensure part conformance
* Index cutting tools to ensure proper edge
* Responsible for maintaining lot traceability and accountability
* Measure and document dimensions during operations
* Willingness and commitment to teach and to help improve skill sets in others
* Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
* Follow company process and procedures to comply with ISO and AS9100 standards
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Skills)
* High-school diploma or equivalent required with CNC work experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job
* Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
* Ability to communicate and work with all levels of staff in various departments
* Needs to be hardworking and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic
* Responsible for general shop standards and housekeeping items
* Must pass all pre-employment screenings
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply via www.atimetals.com/careers
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
ATI Strategic Principle Five - Attract, develop, challenge, and create opportunities for TALENTED AND DIVERSE PEOPLE who share a commitment to our values
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled