CNC Lead Machinist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
JOB DESCRIPTION_Salary Range Salary range is dependent on qualifications. _
_** Just heard from them and this is wide open and worth a big push. We need a candidate with supervisory experience in a CNC Machine Shop setting and including programming of Swiss style machines._
_Search For: CNC, Lead Machinist, setup, programming, Swiss style, Tsugami._
Position Title CNC Lead Machinist - RI #3226(BOQ
Location Providence RI Area
Summary of Position:
Develops processes, CNC programs, sets up and operates numerically controlled and manual machine tools to perform machining operations such as milling, turning , boring, facing, and threading parts such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties. The Lead Machinist will also support operations management in supporting shop employees to achieve the quality and production performance targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications and operating requirements.
* Develops processes and CNC programs for new parts by selecting tools, creating machine programs and determining measurement techniques.
* Sets up machine tools per process sheets and verbal directions.
* Provides direction to other employees in the setup of machine tools.
* Performs inspection of parts for conformance to specifications coordinating with technical support departments as required.
* Troubleshoots part non-conformances and determines actions to resolve issues including adjustment of machine program/parameters.
* Assists production supervisor with assignment of employees to tasks and organization of work to machines.
* Fills in for the production supervisor during absence.
* Any additional duties requested by the production supervisor.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five years related experience or training. Detailed knowledge of a variety of machine tools including manual mills, lathes and computer numerical controlled machining centers/lathes. Proficient with interpretation of mechanical drawings and technical work instructions. Ability to develop and qualify machining processes including selection of tools/gauges, creation of machine programs and setup machine tools. Understanding and proficiency in the use of a wide range of measurement tools and gauges.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITAL:
1. SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE IN SETTING UP AND RUNNING SWISS STYLE CNC MACHINES.
2. LOCAL OR CLOSE ENOUGH TO MAKE A SHORT EASY MOVE.
3. TSUGAMI SWISS STYLE CNC MACHINE EXPERIENCE.
4. PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE ON SWISS STYLE CNC MACHINES.
5. SALARY REQUIREMENT