CNC Operator - BEPS (Multiple Shifts)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Continuing expansion has afforded us a unique opportunity for energetic and dedicated entry-level CNC OPERATORS looking to shift gears and join the team in our MONROE, GA facility. These positions will be on A shift (Monday through Friday 6:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.) and B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. to 11:10 p.m.) and C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.). You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Work according to operator instruction sheets and/or verbal instructions to effectively perform operations.
2. Check products and/or component dimensions with use of various indicators and gauges as described in procedures or work instructions. Must be able to determine good or NG product.
3. Assist in tool changes and changing of simple parts and fixtures.
4. Visually and manually check for defects in product or workmanship.
5. Where appropriate, input data daily to maintain charts and reports to support manufacturing, engineering, quality, material control, and sales.
6. Maintain clean and orderly work area utilizing the 5S policy in all aspects of processes, procedures and daily activities.
7. In all processes and functions, comply with work instructions and procedures to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to TS16949 and ISO14000 and customer quality standards.
8. Must be aware of all hazardous conditions within a machining environment. Adhere to all safety rules and guidelines per the Hitachi safety policy.
9. Suggest and implement continuous improvement programs.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Preferred manufacturing/industrial experience with preference in electronic/mechanical equipment assembly or high speed equipment operation. No experience necessary if current experience shows an ascending trend.
* Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
* Basic math skills.
* Sufficient Manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
* Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operates machines, and visually inspects parts products.
* Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending.
* Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 40 pounds frequently.
* Must have acceptable scores on pre-employment assessments.
* Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment to achieve required production goals.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).