This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCNC PROGRAMMER (MACHINING MANUFACTURING) SIDNEY, OH
As a Manufacturing Engineer / CNC Programmer you will be responsible for developing efficient manufacturing processes through activities such as CNC programming, process documentation, estimating, tool and fixture design, quality control, technical support to internal/external customers and suppliers and identifying opportunities for improvement in all areas of manufacturing
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* The primary duties of this position are the creation and prove out of N/C programs that will be used to run the various N/C Machines in our facility.
* Design tools and fixtures
* Create quality manufacturing processes for new and existing products that include routings, tool kit/fixture specifications and CNC programs.
* Provide support to other functional areas as a manufacturing expert. Initiate communication between Design Engineering and Machining resources to ensure part manufacturability.
* Develop new procedures and policies for continuous improvements to quality in support of ISO-9001-2008 and/or other standards.
* Responsible for supporting a robust, successful, gage calibration and control system in support of ISO-9001-2008 and/or other standards.
* Provide support to a variety of internal functions such as quoting, routings, audits, and process documentation.
* Provide cost/benefit analysis and purchase items that support process improvements directed at on-time delivery, improved quality and reductions in product cost.
* Research and test new manufacturing technology. Interact with Vendor base to stay current with improvements that may enhance work holding and machining capabilities.
* Responsible for supporting procurement in new Suppliers evaluations and re-evaluating current ones.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferred
* Solid background in machining and N/C programming
* 3-5years programming experiencepreferred
* Must be able to collaborate with skilled machinists and other support personnel