This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
Mount Juliet, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
Our client is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and support of clamping, gripping and transferring solutions for workplace and flexible automation needs. A wide family of brands enables the company to provide market-leading productivity improvement and cost reduction manufacturing solutions for customers in a wide range of industries.
The CNC Programmer is a position that assists in developing, evaluating, and improving production and processing methods and controls in manufacturing to achieve operational excellence. Works in conjunction with manufacturing engineer on developing and implementing operational sequences, equipment and tooling. He/she will assist in establishing work measurement standards and play an active role in ensuring quality and safety.
The CNC Programmerreports to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering. The position is located at the Mount Juliet, TN, and requires minimal travel (up to 10%). The position requires the ability to work independently but with oversight and direction from the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The position requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with engineering, materials, operations, and quality, and work and communicate across at various levels across the organization.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES included but not limited to:
* Develops Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programs for various types of machines (CNC lathes, vertical machining centers, horizontal machining centers, multi-axis machines).
* Establishes appropriate machining methods and tool sequences.
* Recommends necessary fixturing and tooling.
* Assists in the evaluation and development of manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Utilizes ERP software.
* Assists setup personnel with process or tooling issues, recommending necessary fixturing and tooling used in manufacturing.
* Analyzes and solves process and tool-related problems, ensuring or increasing productivity.
* Makes recommendations to modify or replace equipment when necessary to support demand or improve productivity.
* Establishes and updates manufacturing standards (rates).
* Ensures integrity of setup sheets and routings.
* Works closely with procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services.
* Performs all work in a manner that ensures safety of self and others.
* Supports policies and procedures, including those governing the quality system as defined by ISO9001.
* Requires minimum 3years of experience in CNC programming (Matercam preferred).
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a team-oriented environment.
* Analyzes, solves and implements solutions independent.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel).
* Demonstrated proficiency with CAM software (Mastercam)
* Working knowledge of Blue Print reading
* Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, tooling, fixturing and materials
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in mechanicalengineering, manufacturing or related field preferred
* Minimal travel up to 10% in the US.