CNC Waterjet Operator 2-Axis I - 2nd Shift (099)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
Coxsackie, NY, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONCNC Waterjet Operator 2-Axis I - 2nd Shift (099)
Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Operates 2 axis computer-numerical control (CNC) machine to cut and fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
* Measures sheet size of material; compares material identification number on work order to material markings and to material computer nest to ensure the proper material is being cut.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance cutting.
* Confers with Level II operator regarding necessary adjustments.
* Monitors cutting factors such as speed and feed.
* Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
* Learns to perform basic machine setups.
* Performs accurate reporting of labor.
* Familiar with basic machine maintenance and pre-operations inspections.
* Drills and reams holes.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
* Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and airborne particles.
* Noise level is usually loud.
* Hearing protection is required.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes of solid, leather construction with a steel or composite toe cap (ANSI Z41 compliant) must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
* Math Skills - decimals, percentages and fractions required; geometry and trigonometry preferred.
* Strong mechanical aptitude